Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
To deliver better outcomes for our people, patients, business and communities, we must be intentional and bold.
At Genentech, we are disrupting the status quo for a sustainable future
That's why we took an intentional leap forward three years ago to launch our 2025 Commitments guided by our three pillars: Fostering Belonging, Advancing Inclusive Research® and Health Equity, and Transforming Society. Since announcing these specific and measurable commitments, we have continued to hold ourselves accountable and have made demonstrable progress.
Our commitments are intended to inspire action that disrupts the status quo and drives positive change within our company, our industry, and beyond. The point is to lay a strong foundation for a more equitable and inclusive healthcare system, and build on that over time.
Chief Executive Officer, Genentech
Vice President, Chief Diversity Officer, Genentech
Our 2025 Commitments
- Double Black/African American and Hispanic/Latinx representation of Directors and Officers and extended leadership
- Mirror Asian Representation of Directors and Officers to that of Individual Contributors and Managers/Supervisors
- Address gender representation opportunity zones
- All molecule teams include population-specific assessments and inclusive research action plans
- Establish Genentech as a leader and partner of choice in advancing health equity
- Annually commit $1B of our external spend to Diverse Suppliers
- Require D&I commitments from all suppliers with requests for proposals of $500,000+
- Champion Kindergarten to Careers
& Health Equity
& Health Equity
Executive Vice President, Head of Genentech Research and Early Development